We are in the midst of a revolution in terms of how PSA campaigns are packaged and distributed
to the media. To further complicate things, the way we fulfill these functions depends upon the
medium. What we do for broadcast TV is much different than cable or radio, and outdoor is a
completely unique medium, which requires special handling from start to finish.
We have various media packaging models, so it is best to contact us so we can apply the best
solution for your PSA campaign.
For broadcast TV, our packaging options are very limited to only those documents that can
be transmitted to the stations digitally, along with the digital PSA files. This includes a .PDF
file that has the storyboard on the front, and our Broadcasters Café newsletter on the reverse,
which are sent to the stations with the digital PSA files. To see a sample, go to:
To learn more about the details of digital distribution, go to:
For radio, we are still using the conventional distribution package, comprised of a Flex Mailer
with a hard cover, and a four-color CD with the PSAs on them.
Similar to packaging, our distribution plans are different, depending upon the medium, but
there are some consistencies in the way we distribute campaigns, which include:
- We typically develop a plan that is shared and approved by our clients, so it
meets their campaign objectives.
- We do not use a “shotgun” approach to media targeting; we use a “rifle shot”
to ensure that only previous PSA users are included in our distribution
plans based on our “Previous Usage Index.”
- For broadcast TV outlets, we use both a “push” strategy to digitally distribute
PSAs to stations, as well as a “pull” strategy. This involves posting our clients’
PSAs to our PSA Digital site, where they can view the PSAs, and download
SIGMA encoded, broadcast quality PSAs in either SD or HD formats.
To view the site, go to:
- For radio, we typically target stations that reach our clients’ primary audiences.
- To target local cable stations, we use our CablePAK™ shared-reel
distribution program to reach 500 major cable systems, each of which has 15,000
subscribers or more.
- For outdoor, we target by market, by venue, or we use creative solutions to
achieve campaign objectives, such as using airport dioramas, posters in subway
cars, highway billboards, or in malls. For more detail on how we have placed
OOH posters in these venues, go to:
- We have developed very unique tactics designed to engage local community
partners in national PSA strategy, which are further detailed in the section
entitled “Engaging Community Partners” which you can access at: [enter link]